National Council of
Motorcycle Dealer Associations
The National Council of Motorcycle Dealer Associations held its first annual meeting. Members attending represented the states of Georgia, Utah, Washington, Virginia, Texas, Illinois, Iowa, Colorado, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Louisiana, Missouri, South Carolina and one guest dealer from Ontario, Canada.
An Executive Board was elected which is comprised of five members:
Chairman Mike Marks
Vice Chairman Jim Boltz
Secretary Charlie Finley
Treasurer John Paliwoda
The Board appointed Ed Lemco as Executive Director, who appointed Karen Rasmussen as Executive Secretary.
Members reaffirmed the mission and purpose of the organization and issued the following resolution:
“The NCMDA is committed to being a positive force within the industry and is open to input from all segments of the industry.
"The motorcycle industry as a whole can take great pride in the responsible manner that street motorcycles, off-road vehicles and ATVs have been marketed to the public by a regulated and licensed body selling safe products that meet Federal standards and providing only factory authorized products and trained service.
"The Council is committed to assuring the continued responsible marketing of these products by providing all state associations with the information and assistance needed to inform their respective state legislatures so that effective legislation can be enacted.”
The purpose for which the organization was founded is as follows:
- To be a resource for all state dealer associations.
- To promote the welfare of all state dealer associations.
- To strengthen existing state motorcycle dealer associations.
- To assist in the reactivation of dormant state dealer associations.
- To promote and assist in the formation of new state motorcycle dealer associations.
- To develop a basis for forward planning of new state motorcycle dealer associations
- To facilitate and promote the sharing of information among all state motorcycle dealer associations with respect to state and federal legislation.
- To facilitate and promote sharing of information among all state motorcycle dealer associations with respect to recruitment of membership, retention of experienced and effective association management, selection of qualified legal counsel and advisors, and the development of revenue sources.
- To cooperate wholeheartedly with all state motorcycle and automobile dealer associations.
- To promote and support state and federal legislation beneficial to motorcycle dealers.
Attending Members and Guests
The first annual meeting of the National Council of Motorcycle Dealer Associations was attended by the following:
Aristotle, Atlanta, Georgia
G.E. Commercial Financial, Washington
Myers & Fuller, P.A., Florida
Structure of the National Council
The National Council of Motorcycle Dealer Associations has been registered as a non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Florida. The registered agent and legal representative is Mr. Robert Bass, Esq. of the law firm Myers & Fuller P.A.
Mr. Bass and his firm have extensive experience representing Automobile and Motorcycle Dealers and state dealer associations. They have provided support and counsel on franchise legislation in a number of states. Firm founder, Mr. Dan Myers Esq., has a national reputation as a staunch dealer advocate.
Ed Lemco has been retained as Executive Director. Mr. Lemco is a veteran of 36 years in the industry, having been an OEM District Manager, a retail dealer and founder of Lemco Management, which continues as a primary source of management information and programs for motorcycle dealers.
As a dealer Mr. Lemco served as President of his state dealer association and as Founding Director and subsequently Chairman of the National Motorcycle Dealers Association which existed from 1974 to 1980. He is well known for his position of outspoken dealer advocacy and support of state dealer associations. His expertise on dealer operations has been accepted by state and federal courts, and the Federal Trade Commission.
Organizers of the National Council
Organizers of the National Council of Motorcycle Dealer Associations, which will have fifty members, one for each state, are:
Texas Motorcycle Dealers Association
Virginia Motorcycle Dealers Association
Utah Motorcycle Dealers Association
California Motorcycle Dealers Association
Florida Motorcycle Dealers Association
For More Information
For additional information on the National Council of Motorcycle Dealer Associations, please contact Ed Lemco or Karen Rasmussen (340-719-8591).
Return to Top
About Us Contact Us
Testimonials Links Sitemap Newsletters
Motorcycle Industry Consulting Services
No. 217 Strand Street
Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI 00840
340-719-8591 Main Office
303-697-8514 Laura Lemco